Wednesday, August 22, 2007

adjust the base and let the alpine blast*

I love music. One of the things I love about Mr Artichoke is his love of music. We have some common musical interests, but I love that he loves music as much as I do.
As a kid, I grew up listening to The Mamas and Poppas, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, and Fleetwood Mac. My mom was stuck in the 60's. We'd dance around the kitchen to Aretha Franklin's Respect while other girls were singing to Like A Virgin.
I remember the day we got MTV and a whole new world of music opened up to me. Music usually conveys what I cannot say. I hear a song and I think that's exactly how I feel. The day after I met Mr. Artichoke I woke up to "Friday, I'm in love" by the Cure. It described exactly how I felt and it was Friday and I had fallen in love. I heard that song after a few milestones in our relationship. It's comforting and reassuring. As, yes, Miss Artichoke, you have fallen in love. The universe agrees with me.
Anyway, I started this post with the idea that I would talk about music for the wedding (groan! Not the wedding!). But maybe I'll save that for another post. And leave this one as it is.
*Summertime-Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.