Friday, August 31, 2007

Grrr

Last night I could not sleep, so Mr A and I started talking about the wedding. He mentioned a couple that were not on our current guest list. I reminded him and he said no we have to invite them. They are becoming good friends and would like them there. Then Mr A noticed that I had invited my entire book club (who are also my friends), so he said he should be allowed to bring his poker buddies. I agreed but pointed out that our guest list was growing beyond our 50 person limit.

We talked about our friend’s backyard, our friends who graciously said yes. Their deck is about 600 sq feet. I thought that’s where the dancing would take place, the ceremony on the grass and food in the house. But if we invite 100 people, a 100 people cannot stand on their deck. We’d have to limit people’s access to the deck which would limit the food access. Our friend’s house no longer seems like the ideal location. Not to mention all those cars and parking on the residential streets.

Now we have to find a new location. We are back to square one. We have many limitations. One is price. Mr A does not want to spend thousands of dollars on a location and I don’t blame him. Two is catering. Neither of us wants the usually rubbery chicken and tired ole wedding food. We want a dessert buffet and appetizers. So we’d need to bring in our own caterer. Or find a caterer willing to work with us. Three is location. I want to have the ceremony and the reception at the same place. So we’d need to find a place big enough to accommodate both.

Mr A says this wedding is going to drive us crazy. But I like having to try to figure things out. It’s like a big puzzle with Mr A and I at the middle and trying to create what goes around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.