Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Don't Need No Stinkin' DJ!

While reading Indiebrides, I found that several girls had luck using their iPods in place of a DJ. Plus I found places that will rent DJ equipment for a pretty reasonable fee (around $200) so I'm a little less worried about that now.
Thanks to Miss Hummingbird of Wedding Bee, I found Vitamin String Quartet. Yeah, thanks a lot Miss Hummingbird. I want to use contemporary songs for the actual ceremony processional rather than stuffy wedding marches. But I kept having a hard time finding songs I liked with appropriate lyrics. I love Evanescence, but their songs are not love songs. But the melody is so beautiful. So I headed over to iTunes and found over 300 songs to choose from. They have everything from Madonna to U2 to Nine Inch Nails. No more worries. I can choose from their wonderful selection! Yeah. Oh, boy I'm going to be giving a lot of money to iTunes!
I also found 2 dresses on eBay. Cross your fingers. One is a pickup skirt like the one at David's. A lot less beading than I wanted but it's ok. And the other one is adorable and pink! Yeah for non traditional colors!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I just have to say that I love you for one of them being pink lol.

    I'm having the hardest time with the music too.. and I don't have an iPod.. boo! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.