Monday, December 3, 2007

Body By Wii

I used to belong to a gym before I met Mr A. I went pretty regularly until we started dating. I couldn't stay on schedule and after a while I let my membership lapse. Mr A belongs to a gym but never goes because I'm not a member of that gym. Right now it seems like additional expense so I'm looking for other means of exercise.
I walk pretty regularly. I walk from the bus to work and back everyday. Not too far but it does help. I walk on the weekends but not really enough to consider it cardio. So I've been playing Wii Sports everyday to help keep me healthy. It takes me about 45 minutes to go through all the sports (baseball, tennis, bowling, golf, and boxing) plus doing the fitness test at the end. It's great arm exercise but not much else. I'll have to look into some other ideas.
Mr A usually plays tennis with me once I'm done with my "exercise". We play doubles against the computer. It's a wonderful teamwork exercise. We try to be fair to each other and not monopolize the ball. But who ever is near the net does get to play more than whoever isn't. Plus the game helps him unwind and get his mind off everything else. I like the quality time aspect and I think this game has brought us closer. We like to beat up the other team together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.