Sunday, December 9, 2007

Save The Date

So the Save the Dates went out in the mail earlier this week. I hand delivered the last of them last night so, I can finally post them on here!Sorry it's so heavily edited but you get the idea. I printed the ivory card on dad's computer, then glued that card to a piece of chocolate brown paper and then adhered the whole thing to a colored background. All the backgrounds are different, but coordinate with the color scheme. I have enough paper for the invitations.
You can't really see it but the ivory paper has the slightest amount of glitter to it. The paper came that way and it so much prettier than plan ivory paper.
I bought the ivory and chocolate brown paper at Paper Zone, my new favorite store. And all the colored background paper is 12"x12" scrapbook paper from Joann's. Most of the scrapbook paper I bought was kind of flimsy and light. If I was mailing these alone (I sent them with our holiday cards) I would have glued them to another piece of paper to make them studier.
I did the whole project over the course of a few months. I made too many so it took me longer than necessary. I think I started them in October and finished them the middle of November. I did a little bit at a time. I was going to send them out alone, but deciding to put them with the holiday cards was a better idea. Gave me more time to get them done and saved on postage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.