Saturday, January 12, 2008

Watch Me Steal Other People's Ideas

Inspiration, baby. It comes from looking at what other people have done and tweaking it to create your own! I love Knottie Bios of the week on Weddingbee. And I of course look at hundreds of knot bios every week. So I thought I would list some of the ones I've found recently and enjoyed.
Mrs Lana
Gorgeous photos! Lots of wonderful little touches. Her wedding was in a vineyard and her and hubby took some pictures. And the bottom of her bio are some tasteful b-pic photos. If you don't want to look at a beautiful woman in her undies stop after the cake cutting shots. Here are some photos stolen shamelessly from her bio:I don't know what it is about me and guns, but I love how the guys are standing in this photo. It makes me think of an old western.
Such a great idea for place cards. Could be very easily DIY. But a very nice rustic touch.

MrsMEW
I like the tips strewn throughout the bio. She gives you real advice on how she felt she could have improved her day. I love how her guests (particularly her mom) looked like they were having fun at the reception.The bride was a self confessed Friends fan so this was an easy shot. Also her bridal party entered the reception to the Friends theme song. Such a good idea. I wish I would have thought of it!Her and her groom took some photos at the end of the night. I can imagine that they were tired but I think they turned out very romantic and playful. I think that's a great idea.

ILovemyCoastie3
As far as I can tell, lots of her stuff was DIY, but very elegant. Her and hubby had a day after photo shoot that produced some very unique photos. Her photographer was very artistic. I love it.After her ceremony, the bridal party headed to a bar to do shots before the ceremony. A great way to get those pictures of the bridal party without looking posed or stiff.
I like her centerpieces. Very easy to do with the varying sizes of vases. I really like the grouping.

Slick
She looks like a totally laidback bride. I love her groom's suit. I'm thinking of something similar for Tai.Doesn't this look like they are standing on water? Totally cool location with the Haystacks in the background!Umbrellas, a must at any Northwest wedding. She was smart and had golf umbrellas so more than one guest could be under it at one time. Great idea!
Honestly this takes time looking at what other people have done. But I got to say that I've found more inspiration looking at other knotties bios than looking in wedding magazines. I hope that I can have the kind of bio that other knotties use for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.