Monday, June 2, 2008

Vegas Recap

Man, it was hot in Vegas. It was in the 90's the entire time we were there. I got a little sunburned on Saturday. But mostly I forgot how far everything is. My legs were killing me Saturday. I thought my poor feet were going to fall off! So I bought these:Cole Haan Nike Sandals. I swear these made my feet feel so much better. Definitely worth the price-$100- at the outlet mall.
If your Vegas dollars are for shopping rather than gambling I recommend heading out the outlet mall in Pimm. There are shuttles that leave the strip and head out to the mall so you don't need a car. If you go here you can get a $3 off coupon for the shuttle. Other than the shoes, I bought some tops at Old Navy and underwear at the Maidenform outlet. We did enjoy looking at shoes and purses at Neiman Marcus' Last Call, Burberry, Kate Spade, and Tod's (no, I did not buy another pair of Tod's).
My other favorite thing to do in Vegas is eat! I love buffets and Seattle is sadly lacking in buffets. So hitting my favorite buffets and trying a couple of new ones were high on my list. But actually I didn't get to my favorites (the Bellagio and the Paris) but we did try the Spice Market in Planet Hollywood and The Buffet at the MGM Grand.
I had heard a lot of good things about the Spice Market. But sadly neither Marta or I thought it was very good. Other than the crab legs there was nothing I was wanting to go back for. In fairness we did get there at the end of the night. The food was fresh but nothing was terribly yummy. I wouldn't go back.
We hit the Buffet at the MGM on Saturday for brunch. The selection was good. I liked the roast beef. They had a bloody mary bar but I think they were virgin. It was a good buffet and I would go back to that one.
Saturday night we went to Lucky Strike (at the Rio) for bowling. If you are looking for something fun, but not crazy, Lucky Strike is good bet. You can take the free shuttle from the Paris to the Rio which leaves every 1/2 hour.
I'm glad to be home. I missed Tai and our pillows! I am planning our next Vegas vacation though. I think this time we'll go for longer than a couple of days. I'd love to take in a show (like Love or O).
Oh, and it's June. Do you know I'm getting married next month? How crazy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.