Thursday, November 13, 2008

Musical Events of My Life

So I went to Music Outfitters and typed in the year I was born, the year I graduated from high school and the year I graduated from college for this very silly post. I'll bold the ones I liked and italicize the ones I didn't like. The others I have no feelings towards.

Top 10 from the year I was born:
1. Silly Love Songs, Paul McCartney and Wings
2. Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Elton John and Kiki Dee
3. Disco Lady, Johnnie Taylor
4. December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night), Four Seasons
5. Play That Funky Music, Wild Cherry
6. Kiss And Say Goodbye, Manhattans
7. Love Machine (Part 1), The Miracles
8. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Paul Simon
9. Love Is Alive, Gary Wright
10. A Fifth Of Beethoven, Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band

Top 10 from the year I graduated high school:
1. The Sign, Ace Of Base
2. I Swear, All-4-One
3. I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men
4. The Power Of Love, Celine Dion
5. Hero, Mariah Carey
6. Stay (I Missed You), Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories
7. Breathe Again, Toni Braxton
8. All For Love, Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting
9. All That She Wants, Ace Of Base
10. Don't Turn Around, Ace Of Base

Top 10 from the year I graduated college:
1. Too Close, Next
2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy and Monica
3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain
4. Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden
5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
6. Together Again, Janet
7. All My Life, K-Ci and JoJo
8. Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John
9. Nice and Slow, Usher
10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole

Was Ace of Base really that popular in 1994? I don't remember. I remember them but I didn't think 3 of their songs deserved the top 10.
I don't even think I know Too Close by Next. That song was not popular at my college so I never heard it.
It's fun to look at old songs and see what songs I'd forgotten about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.