Thursday, December 4, 2008

Book Meme

What was the last book you bought?

Devil and the White City

Name a book you have read MORE than once

Gone With the Wind, Scarlett, House of Mirth

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Read my review here.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

I usually read books by author's that I've read before. Or if an author I like writes a foreword or recommends the book. I also love book recommendations from friends.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

I usually read fiction but sometimes I pick up non-fiction.

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

A gripping plot. I love a book I can't put down.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Lilly Bart (House of Mirth)- such a tragic character. One reason I read the book over and over again.

Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With The Wind, Scarlett)-I loved her as a young girl. I wanted to move to Atlanta and become a debutante.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

Aesop's Fables

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

Breaking Dawn. I finished it last week.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Yup. Sometimes it's just not going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.