Friday, March 20, 2009

Kris' Wedding!

Kris was sweet enough to let me share some of the details of her day with you all. First Kris was married at the Grove in Las Vegas. It was about 20 miles off the strip. Kris arranged for shuttle buses to take us to and from the strip. A lovely touch. It was a gorgeous day, sunny but not too warm. The wedding was outside and the ceremony was indoors.
I'm mostly going to talk about some of the details of her wedding. I don't have all the specifics, but let me know if you have a question and I'll find out.
First are her gorgeous centerpieces. I know she and the bridesmaids assembled them. I believe they bought the topiary as is though. The tiny little birdies were up for grabs at the end of the night. Her color scheme was black, red, and cream.There was a bird theme too. All the tables were named after birds. There were 2 more tables but people were looking at me funny while I was running around taking pictures of the tables.We were at the Flamingo table. The Dove table was their sweetheart table. I believe she got the table names, the seating cards and the menus from an etsy seller (if you need to know let me know).
Next up is her adorable cake topper. She had this made. If you want to know I can find out. The girl bird is wearing the same dress as the bride. Such a great little touch.And here's the cake topper on top of the cake.
Throughout the ceremony, there was a woman painting the ceremony. Here's the real deal.The painter was there early and got most of the background done before the bride walked down the aisle.
Here's her gorgeous bouquet. I just loved it. The photographer had been taking pictures of her rings in the bouquet and was nice enough to let me try to take some too. I tried to get some close ups but they turned out all blurry. And here's one the bride and groom. It's a really good one of the front of her dress. isn't it gorgeous!
Congratulations Kris and Tony!

7 comments:

  1. The little birdies are so cute. Gorgeous acrylic painting, kinda looks like my style only with people in it he he he.

    Lovely dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute wedding!

    I left something for you in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing, looks like it was a great wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! i love that she got a live event artist. I booked one too and can't wait for our big day! :)
    RelentlessBride

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute picture of them cutting the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww those are cuteee....
    Her dress is beautiful, and they look so happy....
    ... Congratz to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That painting is pretty awesome. What a neat idea - very old school.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.