Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekly Geek-Book Quotes #4

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." Cicero

I have always grown up around books. My parents had a healthy library. My mom had a closet full of cookbooks and health books. Dad had tons of engineering and car repair books. You've seen all the books Tai and I have.
When I go to someone's house the first time I always look to see if they have any books. I prefer people that have them in plain sight but I envy people who have a library in their home. Looking at other people's books helps stimulate conversation. Talk about books you haven't read, books you have or books you've never heard of. To me it's a great way to get know people.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny but growing up my Dad would never go anywhere near a book. My Mom was obsessed with romance novels but anything taxing beyond that she just decided she wasn't smart enough to "get".

    So it was rare for me to get my hands on something I wanted to read but when I did I would read it 4 or 5 times. I remember coveting those scholastic book orders we got in grade school like some other would a shoe catalog.

    Amazon was a dream come true as we didn't have a bookstore in town. Lucky for me I found a husband that loves to just spend time browsing through bookstores just to see what's arround.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.