Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Library Loot #11

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Alessandra and Eva that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
This week's library loot is all for Tai.
Tai's reading Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. This is the next one. It's one large book.
I read about The Umbrella Academy on Omnivoracious last week. I was intrigued since the author also worked on Buffy and Hellboy comics.
Nothing for me since I'm knee deep in books! I raced through Lark and Termite in order to get it back to the library on time. I was very impressed by Jayne Anne Phillips' writing style. It was like reading a movie. I could see all the action. I also liked how she bounced from character to character especially Robert's time in Korea. It related to the main story and about Lark and her brother, Termite, so well. But each character had it's own voice, so articulated from each other. If you like a well told story, then put this on your list! Other more eloquent reviews can be found at Clarion Friends, The Mooske and the Gripes, and Book Reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Arg, I just wish there was a library near where I lived! I miss them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you credit for all of the reading that you do. I can never seem to find the time. Maybe I need to spend less time on blogger...haha!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.