Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Looking for a Night Cream Recommendation

The day cream I was using caused me to have allergic reaction. Nothing I love more than having bumps all over my face. I bought some Cetaphil day lotion, so hopefully that will not irritate my skin.
I finished the night cream I was using. It thankfully was not giving me an allergic reaction. I choose not to buy Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-winkle Night Cream (say that ten times fast) right now because I think it's too heavy for summer. I bought Oil of Olay's Original Hydrating cream, an oldie but a goodie.
Can anyone recommend a good light night cream? I have combination skin and I'm not needing any heavy duty wrinkle cream. I prefer something I can get at the drug store.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know about night creams specifically, but I use Aveeno for everything skin related. It's what we give our patients at work, so I assume it's about as non-harsh as possible. I've never had an issue with it, and my skin breaks out terribly too. I use the regular lotions and face wash, but they might have a night dealy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have allergies to EVERYTHING so finding creams/lotions that won't cause me to break out or itch or get all red and icky. I also much prefer lighter things. I recently found and fell in love with The Body Shop's Hemp Face Protector which I use the tiniest bit at night and in the morning before heading out into the city. It's a tad bit pricey at $12 but I've been using this container since the beginning of the year and I still have probably a third of it left before I will have to buy another. It doesn't take a lot and it definitely makes my face feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used free gift stuff from Estee Lauder and my Aunt also gave me Mary Kay night cream. I've used both and seen almost no difference in my skin. My advice is to wear sunscreen and avoid sun on your face and you won't be like me with crazy wrinkles at 25. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Aveeno products. I have very sensitive skin and they all seem to work great for me, I have yet to have a problem (knock on wood).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going old school and say Oil of Olay. I love their night creme. It makes my face feel like silk in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.