Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekly Geek #16


This week's Weekly Geeks topic was suggested by Sheri of A Novel Menagerie. She writes:

"Reading Challenges: a help or a hurt? Do you find that the reading challenges keep you organized and goal-oriented? Or, do you find that as you near the end of a challenge that you've failed because you fell short of your original goals? As a result of some reading challenges, I've picked up books that I would have otherwise never heard of or picked up; that, frankly, I have loved. Have you experienced the same with challenges? If so, which ones? Do you have favorite reading challenges?"

As we pass the halfway point of 2009, how are you doing with your reading challenges? Did you participate in any challenges this year?

I've been reluctant to join any challenges. I've decided to make the Filling In The Gaps Challenge my only challenge until I make a sufficient dent in my list.
But I think overall challenges can help people read new things and find different books to read. I don't always know how to find out about various challenges. Can any point me in a direction to learn about them before they start?

3 comments:

  1. I do have some challenges on the way, but that only cos they sounded fun. Can't say they really help, hopefully the TBR challenge will help me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I finished The Canadian Challenge and Southern Reading Challenge, the only two I seriously contemplated.

    Otherwise I don't go for chalenges..

    WG: Reading Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.