Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tilapia and Pear Beet Salad

I bought some panko crusted tilapia at Costco and didn't know what to make with it. Nothing exciting anyway. But then I found this recipe for raw crunch beet and pear salad. I thought it would go good together.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly (when do I ever?). I used Asian pears since that's what I had. I left out the mint and feta since I didn't either. Tai didn't know what to make of it but he loved it. It was refreshing which was what I was hoping for.

5 comments:

  1. Did I miss a memo? Is it beet day? Maybe a Beet National Holiday? If so I'll gladly take the day off as long as I don't have to eat beets.

    I think yours is the third beet recipe I've seen on the blog land so far. Just kinda funny sometimes.

    All Hail Beetonia, a land I didn't make up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those colors!! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of beets, but that salad does sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This meal looks so delicious and tilapia is one of my favorite types of fish because it doesn't taste fishy...haha. I also love pears and beets, so I'm sure I would love this salad. I think it would all go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I don't think I've ever had beets! Maybe I'll give this one a try. I love pears! And with the mint and feta, it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.