Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.
 
Oh, I'm in trouble. I put both of these on my library queue months ago. Both lists were over 1000 people. I assumed that one would come and a few months later the other one would come. I never expected them to arrive at the same time. No one bother me for the next 3 weeks. I'll be reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Help. I cannot reloot these!
What did you get this week?

17 comments:

  1. How on earth did you get it that fast, 1000! Wow. read on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book club read both of these! I really like The Help but couldn't make it through TGWTDT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I want to read both of these. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your library must have a ton of copies so that the queue moves more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nusiance when that happens!
    I've yet to read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but The Help was one of the best I read last year.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1000+ hold list...wowsers!!!! I'm so sure that you will enjoy them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was fast then...Usually my library only hold one or two copies, unless they're the "top authors".

    Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something similar just happened to me - except I got FIVE books I've been dying to read all at once. I feel your joy/pain! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seven books out this week. Three holds and four extras that followed me home. You can see my list here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will love, love, love The Help!! My favorite book of 2009, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot of good things about both of the books, and hopefully I'll find the time to read them both as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had management issues with my library queue as well; nothing for weeks and then a truckload! Luckily we now have a "freeze hold" option so if I notice in time I can stagger the arrivals.

    Both those books look good -- they are on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just downloaded The Help as an audio book from my library and I'm really enjoying it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have The Help out from the library at the moment, and I really enjoy the Larssen books, so good loot all round!

    Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, the same thing happened to me with putting my name on the queue! Except I have SIX books to read in 3 weeks haha! The Help was actually one of them... finished it yesterday and loved it. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.