Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Portland: Part 2-More Food

This post will talk about the sit down places we ate in Portland.
Friday night-dinner at Clyde Common. Sorry no pictures! Yummy. I recommend the burger which is not on the menu.
Saturday lunch-Kenny & Zukes.
I ordered the Pastrami on rye with potato salad. The potato salad was delicious. They give you a lot of pastrami. Go hungry.
Ashley and I split a bowl of matzo ball soup. Delicious.
Saturday night-Beast. Ok this was way the heck out there. Unlike everywhere else we ate, we had to take a cab there. It wasn't in downtown. I don't know where we were! 
 Beast has a fixed menu, 6 courses for $60. What they have is what you get (no substitutions). I was really impressed that they featured Thundering Hooves beef as the main entree. Everything was delicious especially the beef. So tender!
Sunday brunch-Veritable Quandary. When I asked for Portland food recommendations, Budget Babe mentioned Veritable Quandary! Since it was so close to our hotel, this was a no brainier for brunch.
It was like sitting at a garden party!
I ordered the corned beef hash with poached eggs. Yummy. The food was spicy but delicious!
There were about 50 more restaurants that we wanted to eat at in Portland. But there wasn't enough time. We can't wait for our next trip!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I shouldn't read this when I'm hungry! :) Glad you liked Veritable Quandry! Wasn't their outside patio amazing?

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.