Thursday, August 5, 2010

Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon

I choose to read Silver Phoenix after reading about it on My Friend Amy's blog. I was hoping that by reading and reviewing this book, I would be able to give it some more press and inspire others to read it and perhaps buy it.
Silver Phoenix is the story of Ai Ling, a 17 year old woman. To escape a bad marriage match and find her father, Ai Ling goes on a journey and learns more about herself and her special abilities. There's plenty of romance, intrigue, mystical powers, and friendship. I liked Ai Ling. She felt ordinary but she's not. She had to learn to trust herself and push beyond society's norms for women. I really enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to continuing the series. Recommended.
Other reviews can be found at: The Book Smugglers, Mindful Musings, and The Ya Ya Yas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.