Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Library Loot

 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!




Quite a stack this time. In attempt to get some more books finished before the end of the month, I got a stack of short book (all under 400 pages). I figure I can finish or or 2 a week and up my year end total. Plus I felt I was slacking on my Fill In The Gaps list. I wanted to finish 50 by June so I need to get a move on there.
So what did I get this time? Paradise by Toni Morrison is off my Fill In The Gaps list. I choose this book because I've like the other Morrison books I've read and I wanted to read more of her work. Girl, Interrupted is also off my Fill In The Gaps list. I've never seen the movie (maybe after reading the book) but the premise interests me. It's Always Something by Gilda Radner is another Fill In the Gap book. I've long been a fan of Gilda so I added her autobiography to my list. I read about Wishin' and Hopin' on The Lost Entwife. It sounded good so I added it to my queue. I almost never read about the holidays so I decided to give it a try now. And Dates From Hell which I added cause it has a story in it by Kelly Armstrong that helps tie 2 of the Women of The Otherworld books together. I love anthologies right now.
What did you get this week?

5 comments:

  1. That is quite a stack but looks like some enjoyable reads!! I liked Girl, Interrupted..read that a few years ago..enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had much luck reading Toni Morrision. Tried to read Beloved...didn't work out for me. I don't find her books easy to read, it's always a chore for me. Hope you enjoy it and the rest of your loot though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Dates From Hell in a TBR stack, but it hasn't floated to the top yet. I like anthologies too -- I'm currently reading _Death's Excellent Vacation_.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.