Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow & A Favorite From The Past

We had a little bit of snow here. I wish I would have taken pictures in the morning but I had to hustle to the bus.
 I wanted to make some comfort food for dinner. I made fajitas and Mexican Rice.
I spied a Mexican Rice recipe on Heather's Dish. It seemed a lot like the rice my mom used to make. Since she didn't leave me a recipe, I figured I would try Heather's recipe. I tweaked a bit to make it more like my mom's. I substituted a can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes and only used 3 cups of stock. It came out exactly like Mom used to make. I'll be making this one again.

4 comments:

  1. I really wish the snow would go away forever!! We just got more yesterday too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's raining here. WEATHER, STOP SUCKING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snow, it's gonna be here for many more weeks to come..but then i like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love comfort food...wish it snowed in Michigan like it does there!! Trade ya!?

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.