Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Library Loot

 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
I wasn't planning on having any LL today. But I unexpectedly found myself with time to kill near a library. Without a book. So of course I had to check the stacks and see what I could find. I showed great restraint in only snagging 3 books. I did write down the title of a few others for a later date, but I only carried 3 out of the library.
Stealing Buddah's Dinner caught my eye. On the back the first recommendation was from Judy Blume. I can't pass that up. Sex and Bacon. How could I leave a book that talks about food and sex. Likewise about The Sex Life of Food which was almost next to Sex and Bacon.
I finished The Girl She Used To Be and posted my thoughts on The Fill In The Gaps blog. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the cover for Stealing Buddha's Dinner. I'm easily swayed by pretty covers. Especially ones with tasty treats! ;) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you seem to have stuck to a theme with your loot! Now I'm feeling rather hungry...

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sex Life of food sounds very intriguing! Will you review it? If so, please let me know when the review is up! I would love to read it!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound like great reads, I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Stealing buddha book and liked it. Hmmm....sex and bacon..so can't wait to read your thoughts on that one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that you are into food books :) As am I. Do you know about the Foodies Reading Challenge?

    I hope you will enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover of Stealing Buddha's Dinner really caught my eye. It seems like an interesting read; I put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.