Friday, September 16, 2011

BBAW 2011-Tools To Help Me Blog

The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.
This prompt confuses me. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to talk about so I'll talk about my behind the scenes process.


When I'm looking for inspiration, I often turn to my Google Reader. I love Google Reader. 
I use Google Reader to read all my blogs. 
Do you not use Google Reader? I'm not too familiar with other feed readers. But Google Reader is easy for me to use. I'm a huge fan of Google products. It's free. Adding subscriptions is very easy. Click on the add subscription button at the top write and add the url and there you go. I check Google Reader twice a day. If there is a post I want to refer back to I click on the star next to the title of the post (see the yellow star next to 40 things (13)?). Then it gets saved in my Starred Items til I remove the star. 
If you are looking for a feed reader I cannot recommend Google Reader enough.
I also use Google Documents to keep my tbr pile and my spreadsheet of books read. I love that I can access all that information anywhere. 
I confess. I preplan my posts. On Sundays I try to write all the posts for the week. Sometimes I can't and I might only post 2-3 days worth of posts.
I also love Goodreads for keeping track of my books and books I want to read. Are you on Goodreads? Friend me there!
I'm pushing myself to comment more and be more active on Twitter. I don't always know what say. Find me on Twitter at @sillylittelinda.
What about you? Any tips to share?

3 comments:

  1. Discovering feed readers certainly changed my blogging habits a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Google Reader, too. I've really come to like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use google reader too. I know lots of people on blogger use blogger to follow blogs but as I'm on wordpress I can only follow wordpress blogs that way so I find google reader really helpful. Only problem is sometimes you have to 'click for more' (I think it's something that bloggers set up) and that discourages me from reading a post.

    Just started following you on twitter

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.