Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Cooking: Trail Mix Balls

I made quinoa on Saturday but didn't use it. I turned to Pinterest to find ways to use it up. I had pinned this Trail Mix Ball recipe from Eat, Live, Run previously. I made a few tweaks based on the ingredients I had in my house and came up with these:
I followed her recipe pretty closely except I left out the coconut, subbed flax seeds for the sunflower seeds and used raisins instead of dried cranberries. They are pretty yummy. I'll definitely be making these again.

Weekend Cooking is a chance to share the food love. On Saturday mornings, I'll publish my post -- perhaps a cookbook review or maybe just some favorite food-related quotes.
At anytime during the weekend, if you care to share a similar post, please come on back and hook up with Mr. Linky, so we can read what you have to say. I hope you'll join in when your weekend (or recent) reading or movie watching fits in with the theme. Remember, the definition of Weekend Cooking is free and easy, if you think your post even remotely fits the theme, grab the button and sign in to Mr. Linky.

1 comment:

  1. Just pinned these--they sounds really yummy! But I'm afraid with the little ball shapes that I'd be inclined to eat more!

    Glad you're joining the Pinteresting challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.