Monday, August 6, 2012

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I can't believe it's taken me so long to read Shiver. I adore Stiefvater's other books and I love me some werewolves so Shiver (and the rest of the trilogy) should have been at the top of my to be read pile. Anyway, I loved Shiver and can't wait to get my hands on the second book.
So Sam is a wolf and Grace is human but they have shared a bond since they were young. They've been mutually enamored of each other but kept their distances due to Sam's wolfiness. Sam is so sweet with his yellow eyes and floppy black hair. Grace is smart and super focused. She's so practical and sometimes a little obtuse. But they are teenagers and they fall in love. If ever there was a book that was an ode to the beginning of love, this would be it. Grace and Sam are totally fixated on each other. To me it was adorable. I was just as in love of Sam and Grace as they were of each other. I think Stiefvater captured that feeling that this other person has become your whole world. Plus the writing is so lyrical and poetic at times it made falling in love with Shiver so easy.
Overall, excellent start to the series. I'm forcing myself to wait on getting Linger (the second in the series) in order to conquer Mt Library Loot. But I hope to finish the series this year. Others who shared their thoughts on Shiver: Wicked Wonderful Words, Rex Robot Reviews, The Girly Bookworm, Girls on YA Books, and Mrs Jensen's Book Reviews.

3 comments:

  1. I did like this one :D Sadly not the other one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this either. But I've heard such good things about the series that I can't wait to finally get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one too but haven't read the others. It's crazy that my 17-year-old son did though!!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.