Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Cooking: The Homemade Pantry by Alana Chernila

I added The Homemade Pantry to my library queue because I'm always looking to make store bought items at home. Frequently I don't have the time but a girl can dream about the days where she can make her own pasta and crackers, right?
Sadly, this book is due back at the library today and I didn't get a chance to make any of the recipes from it. Such is life right? Well I decided I would try one of the car snacks (The Sweet Bar) because I had all the ingredients handy as well as it was a quick not time consuming recipe.
My bars didn't stay together. But they were delicious anyway. I used honey since I didn't have the golden syrup. Jeff took some of the bar and topped his ice cream with it. I'll probably break some up over yogurt for breakfast.
I did find Alana's Pinterest account. Follow her for plenty of food related pins!






Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.
This was my seventh read for the Foodies Read 2 Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Crumbly bar over ice cream sounds perfect to me! Over greek yogurt for breakfast sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet bar looks really good! I'm going to see if my library has this.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.