Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Library Loot


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

The premise of this one sounds interesting. 
Another cookbook aimed at busy cooks (i.e. me on a weeknight).
I spotted this one on the library shelf. Sounded interesting.
I read one of Walsh's books (It's All Too Much) last year. I'm still on my ongoing quest to reduce what I have and stop buying more stuff. 
I recently read Julie & Julia and actually liked it. I wanted to read Powell's latest to see if it was a fluke. 

What did you get this week?

7 comments:

  1. Nina Simonds other cookbooks are great so I'm sure Simple Asian Meals will give you lots of great ideas! I'll certainly be on the lookout for it at my library. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait to read your thoughts on Powell's book. I really didn't like her...not one bit. The others looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Julia parts of the Julie and Julie movie! This week I'm reading Girl in Translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know lots of Levithan fans have been raving about Every Day (: Hope you enjoy it, as well as your other loot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a lot of good things about Every Day. Hope you like it.

    Simple Asian Meals looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting selection. I didn't know there was a new Powell one out. Have a lovely weekend. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple Asian Meals looks right up my street. Love to cook Chinese but am sometimes frustrated by the time-consuming steps.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.