Monday, June 24, 2013

Mini Reviews: Ender's Game, A Kiss of Shadows, and The Happiness Project

I've been having trouble writing longer reviews lately. So I decided to write this quick reviews about them.

I picked up Ender's Game because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. It took me a few chapters but I really liked Ender. I kept forgetting that Ender was a child which I think was intentional. I almost wished the plot line with his sister and brother was a separate book. I would have liked more about what they were doing. All in all a great book. Worthwhile read.

Tai suggested I read A Kiss of Shadows because it was about faeries. Something about how Hamilton writes them made me forget they were faeries. Or maybe it was all the sex. I don't know. I liked it but there was too much sex. A friend of mine told me that there is more sex in the rest of the series. I think she said this was the tamest book. I doubt I'll be continuing with the series. 

Becoming happier is a constant goal in my life. While The Happiness Project didn't turn me into the happiest person on earth, it reminded me that sometimes we have to work for our happiness. Also I need to just Be Linda more often. I was meh over the whole book in general, there were some great takeways. I'd recommend reading it because I think everyone could get a little something out of it. 

Have you read any of these? What did you think?



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Hamilton is all about the sex. The fairy books are the worst, but even in the vampire books at any moment everything stops while a bunch of people have sex for pages and pages.

    Peter shows up again in the "Shadow" of books, which are sort of sequels to "Ender's Game." He wrote some sequels about Ender and then went back and wrote other stuff about Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.