Friday, November 15, 2013

Almost Like Being In Love by Steve Kluger


Sometimes it pays to pick up random bookmarks at the library and read the suggestions. My library prints several different bookmarks with different suggestions by genre on them. I've seen a few listing authors in certain genres. It's a great way to find new books and authors. Almost Like Being In Love was listed on the LGBTQ bookmark. I'm always on the lookout for LGTBQ fiction and I was very glad I picked up Almost Like Being In Love.

Travis is a drama geek. He loves Broadway and sings showtunes. Craig is a football player and isn't the type to hang out in the theatre for fun. But one day, Travis falls off a ladder and Craig catches him. Totally a meet cute. Travis and Craig then spend their senior year of high school and the summer after, falling and being in love. College separates them to 2 different coasts. Twenty years go by and Travis realizes that Craig was the love of his life.

I absolutely loved Craig and Travis. Both of them are so sweet and real. I could see being friends with Travis. And Travis' friend/roommate/ATM, Gordo reminded me of a guy I knew in college right down to his website. Craig's also got some wonderful friends. Craig and Charleen's emails reminded me of Jennifer and Beth's emails in Attachments. Sweet, witty, and just like two best friends. Kevin, Craig and Charleen's hunky assistant just adds to the fun. I enjoyed every moment of Almost Like Being In Love.

I highly recommend Almost Like Being In Love to those who enjoy lost and found love, quirky romances, and Broadway and baseball. Others who shared their thoughts on Almost Like Being In Love: For The Love Of Books!, In Midnights, Books, Books, and More Books, and Penelope's Romance Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.