Monday, April 28, 2014

Cress (#3 in the Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer

I'd been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Cress since I finished Scarlet last year. And now I have to wait until next year for Winter to come out. How will I ever stand it? The Lunar Chronicles is shaping up to be one of my favorite series.

Cress starts off where Scarlet left off. At the beginning I was disappointed that Meyer was bringing yet another character to the book. I really wanted more Cinder and Iko. How about Kai? But I was glad that Cress joined the team and I really loved Cress. Especially with Thorne. Swoon! I love all the romance in this series. There was plenty of action in this one. And Kai had a larger role in this one like I predicted after I read Scarlet. Again, the romance and the development of the characters makes this series so wonderful to me. And I loved how the story lines all tangled together. Especially since I see how things are going to start out in Winter. Oh, I can't wait.

If you haven't been reading this series (which I recommend to those who like YA sci fi and fairy tale reltellings), wait til Winter is released or close to it. It's so hard to end each book knowing it will be a year before the next book is in my hands! Others who shared their thoughts on Cress: Caffeinated Book Reviewer, On A Book Bender, The Broke and The Bookish, and Reading After Midnight.

2 comments:

  1. I swooned so hard over Cress and Thorne...perfect couple! :D I can't believe we have to wait so long for Winter. It's going to be torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such, such great things about this series. But surprise, surprise haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. Although maybe that's a good thing since by the time I do all 3 should already be out!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.