Friday, August 29, 2014

Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

I don't remember how I found Royally Lost but I'm glad I did. It was an adorably cute story about falling in love. 

Becca is on a European river boat cruise with her dad, stepmom, and older brother, Dylan. Becca is glad to be away from home after her boyfriend dumped her for her best friend. Although Becca is not enjoying the sights and would like to find a way to get out of everything like her brother does. One day, Becca runs into a cute guy. She resigns herself to cute boy watching because they'll be moving on to another port the next day. Imagine her surprise when she sees him at the next stop. 

Nikolai is the crown prince of Mondovia. His family expects him to follow in the family footsteps without any problem. But Nikolai has a lot of problems. He doesn't agree with where his country is headed. He has solutions to their problems but his father, the King, ignores him. Nikolai's solution is runaway, leave home. Maybe then they'll listen. 

Stanton weaves both Becca and Nikolai's voices together perfectly. I really enjoyed hearing the story from both of their perspectives. Stanton made all the characters feel real and charming (ok maybe except Dylan. He didn't pop off the page for me). I enjoyed reading about Becca and Nikolai. In fact, I read Royally Lost in one day. Sweet story and a lot of fun too. Others who shared their thoughts on Royally Lost: Katie's Book Blog, YA Midnight Reads, Good Choice Reading, and The Reader's Den.
This is my fifteenth read for the Romance Reading Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, looks like a fab book! How about adding your review to the Books You Loved collection over at Carole's Chatter? Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.