Saturday, January 17, 2015

Weekend Cooking: Chashu

I decided to get started on my goal of learning to make Japanese dishes. One of my favorites is ramen. But one component of good ramen is the delicious pork slices that sit in my tonkotsu ramen. I found this recipe for making the chashu (the yummy pork in my ramen) and followed it pretty closely.

I used pork loin instead of belly but I think I'll try belly next time. It took about 2 hours in total to make. My loin was about twice the size of the recipe so it took longer. We had some over rice with the yummy (salty) sauce it produced.

I look forward to trying my hand at homemade ramen and sharing my results.

Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

1 comment:

  1. wow! That looks delicious! Can't wait to hear about your homemade raman adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.