Monday, March 2, 2015

February Graphic Novel Reviews

Huh? This one was pretty confusing to me. I doubt I'll continue this series. The graphics were good but the story line didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. 
Another one that didn't make much sense to me. Seven sort of related stories and some character overlap. The stories were brutal and depressing. I won't be continuing this series.

I enjoyed this one but it was too short. I hope she decides to write more about her childhood. I read this during Chinese New Year and I loved the history behind Chinese New Year as well seeing how she celebrated the holiday.

Seconds
I love O'Malley's work. I loved Katie's story about trying to make life perfect and learning how to accept life's imperfections.

Part travel memoir, part historical/political commentary, How To Understand Israel is about Sarah's Birthright trip to Israel. Sarah wants to understand what's going on in Israel. It was thought provoking. I wish I understood half of what she was talking about. Definitely made me want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.