Thursday, August 20, 2015

Goodbye, Little Green House

Recently, my dad sold my childhood home. He hasn't been living in since his heart surgery over 3 years ago. It was time for all of us to move on.

Goodbye, little green house.
My parents brought me home from the hospital to this house.

I had my first dog there.

I got ready for prom there.

I broke into the house once. Who knew you need an ID to get into an 18 and under club?

I spent 30 Thankgivings in that house. I learned to cook a turkey and created our favorite cranberry sauce recipe there.

I learned to cook in that kitchen.

I loved to lay underneath the lilac tree in the backyard.

I dreamed of building a gazebo around the willow tree in the backyard and getting married there as a little girl.

I'll never forget the day we got cable and watching MTv for the first time.

I remember the day my parents paid the house off and we all went to the bank to pay off the loan.

I remember drawing a treasure map all over the fireplace (and it's still there!).

I remember sitting on the couch and watching the world go by.

Thank you, little green house for being a good house. We had a lot of good memories there.

2 comments:

Shiny! I love comments.