Sunday, March 26, 2017

Weekend Cooking: Creamy & Crunchy by Jon Krampner

I picked up Creamy & Crunchy because who wouldn't want to learn more about peanut butter. I do enjoy a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a good peanut butter cookie. But Creamy & Crunchy didn't hit the spot.

Krampner has a conversational tone but sometimes it rubbed me the wrong way. Sometimes I felt that I was a someone's house and he was recounting what he learned and every time I thought it was over, he'd find someone else to tell me. There are plenty of facts about where and how peanuts are grown. Some debate over who invented peanut butter (Not George Washington Carver) as well as the loss of regional brands that were made for specific tastes. There's even a chapter on peanut butter in music. I admit I skimmed a large portion of the book.

There are some interesting peanut butter recipes through out the book like Elvis' favorite peanut butter sandwich. I'd hoped to make one but time got away from me. I do love a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich with strawberry or grape jam. What's your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter?
This was my second read for the Foodies Read challenge.
Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth  Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book reviews (novel, nonfiction), cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs, restaurant reviews, travel information, or fun food facts. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.